Monday, November 07, 2005

Random Thoughts and Ramblings

Because nothing is really going on, I thought I would share some thoughts on nothing in particular. In random order...

* Yay Redskins!!! I think I was in college the last time my beloved Sons of Washington beat the Eagles. We are undefeated at home this year and for the first time in ages, I am optimistic about the team. Joe Gibbs, the greatest coach in the history of professional sports, once again worked his magic. Mark Brunell is coming back to life and our defense is awesome. Hail to the Redskins. Hail to the Redskins indeed.

* Last week I bought Conversations with Tom Petty by Paul Zollo. I have been a diehard Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers fan for years and have been waiting quite some time for the release of the book. It is everything I hoped it would be. What makes the experience even more amazing is listening to "Playback" in the background while reading. Not only is Petty an accomplished musician and songwriter, but also an articulate speaker and masterful storyteller. I'm learning the origins of his many hits and also some of his other acomplishments that I was unaware of his involvement in. What's also so cool is him getting to meet and perform with so many of his heroes and idols, and having them appreciating Petty's work just as much. I am loving every page of this book and will be very sad when that final page is turned.

* I feel I must reiterate my complete frustration at people who stand on the left side of the escalator. This is really, really irksome and bothers me to no end. Really people, escalator courtesy is like driving -- the left side is for PASSING!!!

* I've been checking out the setlists for the latest Aerosmith tour. The Boys are diving into the vault and pulling out some gems. You should check them out. Lenny Kravitz is opening for them.

* Wouldn't it be awesome if I won the $225 million MegaMillions jackpot? I think it would. :)

* I am so excited that all the good movies are coming out soon. On the top of the list: Rent, Walk the Line and Memoirs of a Geisha.

* I know the holiday season is still a little ways off, but I must recommend one thing to get you into the holiday spirit -- the Santaland Diaries by David Sedaris. It works in essay or play form, but if you have never read the Santaland Diaries before, might I suggest you buy David Sedaris reading it. It's the funniest, most entertaining story and his voice only enhances that. You will never look at Macy's the same way again.

* An addition to the horrible celebrity baby names list: Kevin Sorbo and his wife named their daughter: Octavia. *sigh*

Quote of the Day:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

No comments: