Thursday, November 17, 2005

And...Action!

Last night I went to the off-off broadway one-act performances of EATFest. My friend Aimee was in a play called "Cupid's Bow" and was excellent. She was a co-worker of mine at Mystery Diagnosis. I would always hear so much about the shows she was doing and auditions she was going on. This was the first opportunity I've had to actually see her act and she was fantastic.

"Cupid's Bow" was about 2 people who meet in a coffee shop and the mysterious connection between them. It always brings me such joy to see my friends in their element.

The other one-acts included "Reunion", about 2 people at their 40th high school reunion. "Final Answer" - about a game show going horribly wrong and "A Touching Story", an exploring the perils of threesomes.

If your in New York and need something to do this Friday at 9pm or Sunday at 7pm, check them out at 311 W. 43rd (b/w 8th & 9th Ave). Tickets are $15 and worth every penny.

Afterwards I joined Aimee and some of her friends for dinner and catching up. All in all a very nice evening.

Quote of the Day:
"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-Bob Dylan

No comments: