Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Warm Up

Billy Joel-mania continues. I was flipping through the new issue of New York magazine and saw that the Piano Man is doing one of his Questions, Answers and a Little Music seminars at the 92nd Street Y next Tuesday. To my very pleasant surprise, the $30 tickets were still available. Needless to say, I snatched that up.

I went to one of these before waaaaay back in 1996 during my senior year of high school at George Washington University. He had actually called on me to ask a questions, but the stupid microphone guy gave the microphone to another girl. Gar!!! Perhaps, nine years later, I can finally ask if he wrote the prelude to "Angry Young Man" while writing it, or if it just came about. Will keep you posted.

Let's give a shout out to my roommate Suzanne, who is celebrating her "21st" birthday today.

Man alive did it get cold today. Earlier this afternoon, it was rainy, but still bearable. But as 4pm approached, that all changed. It got very windy and the temperature plummeted. Not fun. Oh, how I wish summer was right around the corner.

Because I am a follower, not a leader, I have also changed the settings on The Genius Switch, so everyone can make their comments. Thanks Cheryl!

Quote of the Day:
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." -Sacha Guitry

3 comments:

Funkmeister said...

the comments will come fast and furious!! good job

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Els! Anonymous comments are the best!!! And this time, make sure if Billy points to you, you grab the mic, I don't care if you have to jump over 2 rows of people!

Anonymous said...

I love that me yelling at cheryl that I couldn't comment on her blog has changd blogging as we know it.