Friday, November 18, 2005

Dear Santa,

With the holiday season right around the corner, I just want to make sure I can make things as easy as possible for people to buy me things that I covet, but don't want to pay for myself. The easiest way is to go to amazon.com and choose one of the 110 items on my Wish List. That way, I will be surprised and know I will love it.

Let me also take this time to remind you of the 4 things to never, ever, ever buy me.

1. Mugs. I can only drink so much cocoa. And for my 14th birthday, I got 3 of them.

2. Stationary. Too many helpless trees have been sacrificed in order for me to write correspondences. I appreciate the fine art of letter writing as much as anyone else, but I'd rather have a written word than a blank page.

3. Beach towels. I don't go to the beach. I rarely use swimming pools. I am too albino and pale to attempt to get sun. Please, no beach towels.

4. Bath products. It's not that I don't enjoy a good vanilla scented body wash or a strawberry-mango-lavender-banana mask. Face it, bath products are the mercy gift. It's when you have no idea what to get someone and don't have the energy to put any creativity into the gift. So nay on the bath products.

Let the holiday season begin!

Quote of the Day:
"How many Ganneshes' do you have? ... 19?!?!" -Suzanne Temple

1 comment:

Funkmeister said...

damn els, i was gonna get you some bathing supplies wrapped in a beach towel all held in a mug! now i guess i have to think of something different.