Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Shopgirl

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Steve Martin is my ideal man. I went to see his latest movie Shopgirl last night and I loved it. What was so great about this movie is how it is not a typical love story. It's a great commentary on material and true love.

Claire Danes was wonderful. It's a rule that my age bracket love her, since she was our hero in My So-Called Life. I'm glad to see her live up to all the potential. She's a lucky gal -- getting to make out with Jared Leto AND Steve Martin. Lucky, lucky lady.

I know Jimmy Fallon was originally signed on to play the Jason Schwartzman role. I think Jimmy would have done a better job with the character, but I'm not taking anything away from Jason. Far be it for me to criticize the man who I loved in Rushmore.

Go see Shopgirl. Let me know what you think.

Quote of the Day:
"Each person must live their life as a model for others." --Rosa Parks

No comments: