Monday, October 24, 2005

Down By the River

Ahhh, Boston. What was supposed to be a two day jaunt turned into a week of seeing as many people as possible. My friends, Robin & LoveBunny, were incredibly patient and kind in letting me freeload at their house for an extended stay.

Last Tuesday was one of those really great days. I made my rounds at my alma mater, Boston University, visiting professors and friends, getting to pretend that I am popular. It was so much fun walking around and taking in the sights and transporting myself back into college life. Then I realize that I'm going into my 6th year out and everyone looks very, very young.

I also got to see some Fenway friends last week. They really are family and it's so nice that even though so much time has passed, we are able to pick up right where we left off.

I wasn't back in Hoboken long before heading out again. My friend Alissa and I drove to lovely Cornwall-on-Hudson on Saturday to visit Chris the Accountant. He lives in the country on a mountain. We saw deer and wild turkey and ate free fudge. It was a great day.

All in all, I have had an awesome 2 week vacation. I got to visit a lot of friends, eat plenty of good food and relax. Back to the working world. *sigh*

Quote of the Day:
"We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh." --Agnes Repplier

No comments: