Monday, October 03, 2005

Across the Narrows

What a great weekend. I made a rare public appearance at a bar on Saturday night to celebrate Darren and Kerwick's birthdays. I got to meet Hot Pete, Cheryl's new beau, who is a keeper. Ex-roomie Rachel and Nate also came, as did roomie Erin. We were so close to having all 5 roomies out and about at the same time, but to no avail.

Yesterday, Cheryl, Jenn and I made a pilgrimage to lovely Staten Island for the Across the Narrows concert. We got to rock out to the reunited Lemonheads. Mostly, it was nice to see that Even Dando hadn't gone all Axl. He looked good and the band sounded great. Next were Doves, a British band Jenn knew of that were really good.

I was supposed to join Jenn and Cheryl for an Oasis/Jet concert in June, but unfortunately, work kept me from going. I got a second chance when they were the two bands to close out the show. We attempted to stand amongst the crowd towards the stage, but as Oasis came on, that proved to not be a wise move. Instead, we broke free and stood towards the back, with a clear view and lots of room to dance, or in my case, attempt to dance. Oasis were awesome. I haven't seen them since March 1996 and nice to see they still have it.

I'm a little sore and a little tired today, but well worth it. Always a good time when you can be with friends and listen to great music.

Quote of the Day:
"There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how." --Oasis, Wonderwall

No comments: