Thursday, May 28, 2009

Steve Martin #5

It's been about a year and a half since I last saw my Ideal Man, Steve Martin in person, and after tonight it was definitely worth the wait. Tonight's event took me to New York's Rubin Museum of Art, to see Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers perform bluegrass music.

A few months ago, Steve Martin released a CD of his own banjo compositions called "the Crow", an excellent CD in my completely unbiased option.

I was third in line. The event was held in a small auditorium, seating no more than 125 people. I had a close center seat. Steve and the band came out. No microphones, just acoustic music. The whole evening was so peaceful and joyful. Of course Steve was hilarious, spitting out one-liners in between songs. The music was fantastic. The 90 minute show went by entirely too quickly.

We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I was able to sneak a couple of flash-less ones.





Once again Steve Martin showed once again why he is my Ideal Man.

Quote of the Day:
"My wife titled this one. It's called 'When are you going to stop playing that goddamn banjo!'" -Steve Martin

No comments: