Monday, May 04, 2009

Here Comes the Bride

It was 10 years in the making, but it FINALLY happened. My friends Beth & Frank were married on Saturday May 2. Half of all BU were there to witness the much anticipated event.

From Beth looking absolutely stunning, to Frank looking suave, a good time was had by all. My stomach is still recovering from the four Shirley Temples I downed during the evening. At one point, partygoers didn't know if I was dancing or in the middle of a sugar-induced seizure (almost sure it was the dancing).

Some of the selected memories from the wedding: I got my first glimpse of Kerwick dancing and put whipped cream on my nose for the sake of a photograph. I almost arm-wrestled Ciaran for extra steak and took the obligatory event photo with J (awesome, by the way). Jenn became an honorary BU alum and Meg voluntarily photographed children. Cheryl spent entirely too much on a Coors Lite and Darren really loves bacon. Maria can slide the length of the dance floor and Darlene found a way to breathe in her dress.

A really fantastic night. A big congrats to Beth & Frank. May every wedded day be as fun as the wedding day.

Of course, pictures:

Els and the Bride:


Darlene and the Groom


First Dance:


J Giving Me Flowers:


More to come...

Quote of the Day:
"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others" -Francois Mauriac

BONUS Quote of the Day:
"And what do all the great words come to in the end, but that? I love you - I am at rest with you - I have come home". -Dorothy L. Sayers

No comments: