Monday, May 04, 2009

Simply the Best

A very special Genius Switch congratulations to Prof. Peter Busher, winning the Metcalf Award, one of Boston University's highest teaching honors.

I was privileged to of had Prof. Busher as my freshman year science teacher. And in all, he is my favorite professor during my time at BU. This is ironic as science was not, and has never been, my forte. But because of his time, patience and incredible pity, I came out a better student. He always gave that extra effort to make sure I understood what he was teaching - usually in the form of a Top 10 List, based on my love for David Letterman. It meant a lot that he would take that extra time. As a result, I worked harder to learn, not only for myself, but as an appreciation to him as well.

I've been lucky enough to have kept in contact through all these years. There are few people as honest, generous and kind as Prof. Busher. He is someone who I always look forward to seeing because I know a good conversation with lots of laughter will happen. I consider him not only my favorite professor, but also my friend.

I cannot think of a more deserving recipient of the Metcalf Award than Prof. Busher. He's an exceptional teacher and I am thrilled this honor is finally being bestowed upon him.

Congratulations!!

For more on him, BU Today wrote a really nice article on him too. Here's the link.

Quote of the Day:
"A professor can never better distinguish himself in his work than by encouraging a clever pupil, for the true discoverers are amongst them, as comets amongst the stars" -Henry Brooks Adams

No comments: