Thursday, June 15, 2006

Wordplay

Thanks to the good people at Time Out New York, I was able to see a free screening of the documentary Wordplay the other night. It's about crosswords and the people who love them. Among those who do, Mike Mussina and Jon Stewart, who both appear in the film. I love them as well, but am not in the film.

Crossword puzzles have been a staple in my life for the past 15 years. I find them relaxing and fun and it was nice to see people who share my passion for them...even if they are a little more extreme than I.

If you love the documentaries Spellbound and Word Wars, then Wordplay will be right up your alley. Even Erin, who doesn't do crosswords, found the documentary funny and interesting. Go see it!!

Quote of the Day:
"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." -Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no shout out to "Akeelah and the Bee"?