Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tom Petty #7

Last night I made my 7th pilgrimage to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. This is a special tour, with the band celebrating their 30th anniversary. I took the train down to Washington, DC and headed to the Nissan Pavilion. What made the night even extra special was going with Jenn, who had never seen Mr. Petty before. She was even treated to see the rare side of me called "Super Happy Fun Ellen". Tom Petty shows are the rare occasions I let Super Happy Fun Ellen appear.

We had awesome seats (thanks TomPetty.com pre-sale!!). Trey Anastacio of Phish phame opened. I haven't listened to much Phish in my day, but did enjoy his set. Tom was as awesome as ever. Stevie Nicks came out for a couple of songs. Although an incredible concert, I have seen better TP&TH shows. Still, lots of fun. Only 9 more days until Tom Petty #8 at the Garden.

Here are some pics from the big evening.








Quote of the Day:
"Redemption comes for those who wait / Forgiveness is the key" -Tom Petty, "Lonesome Sundown"

No comments: