Sunday, September 25, 2005

Yee Haw

Steve Martin is my ideal man. Just when I think I cannot possibly love him more, I do. He possesses every quality I want in a man.

Last night, Erin and I went to an event for the New Yorker Festival in which Steve Martin and other banjo players, including the legendary Earl Scruggs, talk about and play the banjo (as well as special appearances by a fiddle, guitar, and yes, a mandolin). It was so much fun. It definitely enhanced my awareness of the banjo and gave me a greater appreciation of it. I also enjoyed watching Steve Martin reveling in the company of these banjo masters.

It was great to do something out of the ordinary and still have it be enjoyable. So take a couple of moments to take a listen to some bluegrass music. I assure you that you won't be disappointed.

Quote of the Day:
"If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." -- Mister Rogers

No comments: