Monday, September 19, 2005

The Day After

Another great Emmy night last night. Of course the highlight of the evening was the surprise appearance of David Letterman, who gave a very heartfelt tribute to Johnny Carson. During Dave's tribute, he made mention of how a comedian knew he had a career once they appeared on the Tonight Show.

My respect for Jon Stewart grew even more, when he, in turn, paid tribute to Dave during the Daily Show acceptance speech for Best Variety Series. He said the way Dave felt about Carson's Tonight Show is the way comedians of this generation feel about Dave.

I love William H. Macy. He looked so good last night. I can't explain it, but I find him so attractive. He has this presence about him that I find incredibly irrestible. *sigh*

The only downer of the evening was seeing Jeremy Piven get robbed of his Best Supporting Actor Emmy. He really deserved it.

Tonight after work, I went to the Barnes & Noble in Union Square to meet one of the greatest actors of our time, Alan Alda. He just wrote his memoirs and this was the first stop on his book tour. There were more people than I had expected. He did take time to shake everyone's hand and talk with them for a few moments. Very classy.

Redskins-Cowboys tonight. Hail to the Redskins!!!

Quote of the Day:
"There is only one happiness in life, to love and to be loved." -- George Sand

No comments: