Sunday, March 05, 2006

New York Billy #4

Last night was Billy's record-tying 10th show at Madison Square Garden. I got to hear 3 of my 5 favorite songs. You know the drill by now...:

Cold Spring Harbor:
* Everybody Loves You Now

Piano Man:
* The Ballad of Billy the Kid
* Captain Jack
* Piano Man

Streetlife Serenade:
* The Entertainer

Turnstiles:
* Angry Young Man
* SUMMER HIGHLAND FALLS
* New York State of Mind
* Miami 2017

The Stranger:
* Only the Good Die Young
* She's Always a Woman
* Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
* Scenes From An Italian Restaurant

52nd Street
* Zanzibar
* Big Shot
* My Life

Glass Houses:
* Sometimes a Fantasy
* It's Still Rock & Roll To Me
* You May Be Right

The Nylon Curtain:
* Allentown
* Pressure

An Innocent Man:
* Keeping the Faith

Storm Front:
* We Didn't Start the Fire

River of Dreams:
* The River of Dreams

Extra:
* Highway To Hell

* The first that I've heard "Summer Highland Falls" on this tour. It's my favorite song so that was a highlight it itself. The one-two punch of that and "the Entertainer" got me super hyper. And with "Sometimes a Fantasy" and "Captain Jack" soon to follow, he really got the place going.

* The most energetic crowd thus far. Legendary record producer Phil Ramone was in attendance.

* I think Billy might of had a cold or something, because he played a couple songs less than the other concerts. Luckily, one of the songs cut was "I Go To Extremes" because I really don't like that one and usually use it as my bathroom break.

* Tonight I was sitting dead center in the back, so I took that opportunity to look at the lighting of the show and realize just how wonderful it is. Then again, everything with his show is top notch.

* I must admit that I was a little disappointed he didn't do something a little more tonight seeing it was a Saturday and it was the 10th show, but the cold might have had something to do with that. Although his voice was in fine form. With that said, if I hadn't gone to the last show and was hearing "Summer, Highland Falls", "Miami 2017", "Sometimes a Fantasy", "Captain Jack" and "the Entertainer" at the same show for the first time here, I would be declaring this the best show ever

* What is so interesting, the moment that really gets the crowd going is when the roadie Chainsaw comes out and covers "Highway to Hell". After that, the crowd is on it's feet for the rest of the show.

* Still no "You're My Home". I have one more show on April 24th to hear it. This has been such a great winter to have all these opportunities to see all of these Billy shows. Only in New York...

Quote of the Day:
"It's a wonderful night for Oscar. Who will win?" -Billy Crystal

No comments: