Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Greta Garbo Theory

The Greta Garbo Theory. Greta Garbo was one of the most beautiful and talented actresses from the dawn of motion pictures. Towards the end of her storied Greta Garbo's career, she became a virtual recluse. Garbo shunned the spotlight at all costs. So when she did make an appearance, it was quite the happening. Although I cannot claim to have any great acting talent, I do have one thing in common with the esteemed actress.

It is a rarity that I leave the house on weekends. Even moreso on a Saturday night. In the big city. It is the rare special occasion that gets me out of my cocoon and out and about with people. This rare occasion was Cheryl's birthday party. Cheryl, Meg and I made it to Sessions Bar after some transportation snags. I tried to see it as an omen for me to go home, but the Birthday Girl and Meg would have none of it.

So, I drank a Coke, bopped to the 80s cover band and had my very first picture taken with J.



All in all a fun evening spent with friends and for the great cause of Cheryl's birthday.



Back to hibernation...

Quote of the Day:
"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others." --François Mauriac

2 comments:

Funkmeister said...

i feel SUPER honored that you would make the exception for me!! (fatty McEats-a-lot be damned!) hope you can make out again next year. you should be rested up by then!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that you stayed out with us! :)
And that you got a picture with J.