Thursday, February 22, 2007

Good Morning (Oscar)

It's been said that something new is learned everyday. I believe this to be true. For example, yesterday I learned that something called a "5:15am" exists. That's when ye olde alarm clock went off and awoke me from my peaceful slumber. One of the things I've been wanting to do since moving to New York was to be in the audience for Good Morning America. I grew up a GMA Girl, and was waiting for the right time to see the show.

I saw that actor extrordinare, William H. Macy was going to be on show to promote his soon-to-be-on-video film, Wild Hogs. I adore him so much and was hoping this would be my opportunity to catch a glimpse. I get to the studio at 6:30am and the line wasn't long at all. We are ushered into the studio at W. 44th & Broadway. There is nothing going on in this studio for the first hour of the show, which made us wonder why there was even an audience needed. Then comes the announcement that Jerry Springer will be making his way to the studio to announce the next cast of Dancing with the Stars.



The 8am hour begins and the studio is abuzz. Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, Sam Champion and Jerry Springer come in. I am in the background for Sam's weather report. Jerry Springer announces the contestants. I'm in the background again for Diane doing a segment on yogurt -- and yes, I got free yogurt. It was 9am before I knew it and the show ended. Diane waved to the masses and Robin posed for pictures.



William H. Macy was there, but was interviewed upstairs, so I did not get a chance to see him. In the future, if there's a guest I want to see, I'll just go to the stage entrance instead of going in the studio. Live and learn. I had the chance to see John Travolta, who was coming in to pre-tape an interviewed. I stood by the stage entrance for a couple of seconds before realizing that I could care less about John Travolta, so I headed home.

Today, I headed back to the Times Square studio. In celebration of the Academy Awards, they had a real Oscar that we could hold and have our picture taken with. Of course, this was too good to pass up. I'm annoyed that I always look sleepy in pictures. I would have wanted to look better for Oscar.



So it's been a productive couple of days. If nothing else, it's proof that I actually left the house.

Quote of the Day:
"It is dangerous to let the public behind the scenes. They are easily disillusioned and then they are angry with you, for it was the illusion they loved." -- W. Somerset Maugham

2 comments:

Funkmeister said...

yay for leaving the house - at any hour!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh - you and Oscar make a beautiful couple!