Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shameless Promotion

I have been incredibly fortunate this year working the whole time. Aside from my main jobs, I also worked on a couple of freelance projects and a had reemergence of the New Yorker Caption Contest. Now everything I was involved with is available to all, and of course I wanted to share with you.

First up, the New Yorker Caption Contest. Remember way back in November 2007, when I begged all of you to vote for my New Yorker caption? Well, the New Yorker decided to put al book together of the 100 best contests and the one for which I was a finalist was selected. Alas I didn't win, but did come in second. The book claims that I got 30% of the vote compared to 43% to the winner and 27% to third. I call malarky for now winning, Check out page 198 and deem for yourself.

Next, I was one of many contributors to SmartLab's Amazing Animals Challege! trivia book for children. Of the 1,000 questions, I contributed about 50. It's a fun little book with some really interesting animal fun facts. It even comes with its own controller so you can challenge your friends!

Finally, the project I am most proud of. I wrote 600 questions for the Cash Cab Board Game. Yes, I wrote an entire board game. There are 200 easy, 200 medium and 200 hard questions. I've always loved trivia and I am still in disbelief that there's a game that I wrote. Growing up you never think that job exists, much less how to go about getting it. It's a fun game. I hope you enjoy.

Quote of the Day:
"Be true to your work, your word and your friend" -Henry David Thoreau

No comments: