Friday, March 28, 2008

Final Answer

Things are coming together.

Since January, I have been fortunate enough to work on a great new History Channel show called "Extreme Trains". This has been one of my most positive work experiences. I've met people who are not just co-workers, but true friends as well. So, it was with sadness and anticipation that I gave my two week notice on Tuesday because...

...I accepted an offer to be a researcher for "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire". I am beyond excited for this. My love of game shows is well documented and this is the genre of television I want to work in. After passing the "Millionaire" test twice to be a contestant but not getting picked for the show, I decided the only way I was going to make money from this show was to work for them. I've been trying to get in for quite some time now, and on Tuesday, that effort and determination paid off.

So here's what my next couple of weeks look like: finish things up at "Extreme Trains". Fly to Las Vegas. Turn 30. Start new job.

Let's hope all of this good luck holds up in Vegas!

Quote of the Day:
"It was such a lovely day I thought it a pity to get up." -W. Somerset Maugham

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Excellent! (re WWTBA Millionaire, which I happened to be Googling). It's a long season, but you'll do fine. Say hi to anyone that's still there who remembers me.

30 is the best age ever. Here's "the poem" I send everyone http://ennienyc.livejournal.com/75322.html

--Ellen R.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! :)