Sunday, November 11, 2007

Congratulations Abound!

The past couple of days have been full of love. I have been in the midst of so much love, that even I am becoming an optimist. With that said, here's why...

Congratulations and much love to one of my oldest friends Nathalie and her husband Armen on the birth of their daughter, Taleen Alice McOmber.




This is Nat's first child, and the first of the childhood friends to spawn. Taleen is very lucky to have Nat as a mother.

Yesterday, I drove to Pennsylvania to attend the wedding of my friends Jenn and Kevin. This was an all-around wonderful day. While being seated, a pianist was playing the score from "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". Jenn looked absolutely beautiful. During the ceremony, and to celebrate Kevin's Quaker heritage, we had three minutes of silence to envision our good thoughts for the couple. This was followed by any family or friend who wanted to speak their sentiment aloud to do so. The ceremony ended with a lone bagpiper, and as we all know, I loves the bagpipes. The afternoon also gave me the opportunity to see some friends from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". I don't get to see them very often, so that was a treat in itself. The reception was just as lovely as the ceremony, with Jenn and Kevin really adding their touch to the occasion.

The Bride and Groom







Finally, a big, appreciative thanks to everyone who voted for me in this week's New Yorker's Caption Contest. The results will appear in the November 26th issue, and I will be sure to make a announcement if I prove victorious. If I don't, you shall never hear another word about it ever again, while I sink into a mire of pity and dispair.

Quote of the Day:
"There is only one happiness in life, to love and to be loved." -George Sand

No comments: