Monday, July 02, 2007

Angelina and Eartha and J

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. I am enjoying writing for "Cash Cab". It's definitely a challenge seeing as I am writing for "Cash Cab: After Dark". With "After Dark", I have to write questions that are "edgy". Topics include drinking, tattoos, goth, piercings and the hipster scene among others. This isn't exactly my forte, which makes the challenge all the more fun. The job goes for a couple more weeks.

Two weeks ago, Cheryl and I took advantage of her Writer's Guild membership and took in a free screening of "A Mighty Heart". To be honest, neither of us gave a hoot about the film. We were there to see a Q&A with Angelina Jolie and others from the cast. OK, we were hoping to catch a glimpse of Brad Pitt. When we got there, all cell phones with cameras and cameras had to be checked in. The movie was sad, and that was to be expected. Angelina came out and she is very striking. Very thin and definitely had a presence about her. The questions were par for the course. Alas, Brad was not there. Or if he was, we didn't see him. It was one of those events that could only happen in New York.

Last Monday I returned to Carnegie Hall. Erin and I went to Eartha Kitt's 80th birthday celebration. She may be 80, but she still has it going on. She was amazing and is truly a national treasure. Her duet of "Santa Baby" with LaChanze was a highlight, as was Ben Vereen's serenade of "My Funny Valentine". Tanya Pinkins was also there to celebrate. She's performing at the Carlyle in the fall and I just may have to go back and see her.

On Friday, I made a rare public outing with my friends to celebrate J's birthday. Seeing as I genuinely like him, I didn't have much of a choice. I departed before the real debauchery began, but stayed enough to have 2 Shirley Temples.

And finally, much love and congrats to John Chandler and his new bride Amanda. The Chandler's were married on Friday in Cape Cod. I wish them nothing but the best and happiness.

Quote of the Day:
"What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expected generally happens." -Benjamin Disraeli

No comments: