Wednesday, November 29, 2006

High School Reunion

Ah, the high school reunion. For years I’ve watched movies and shows about them, and lo and behold, mine finally came. I had to come to the startling realization that I have been out of high school for ten years and sadly, no longer 18. Yes, this past Saturday, the mighty Walter Johnson High School class of 1996 got together and reunited. Alas, no one claimed to have invented post-its.

This was a very informal occasion at the Sapphire Café in Bethesda. About 100 fellow Wildcats came, many with their spouses or significant others. It was interesting to see all the different directions we’ve gone, considering we all were in the same place with similar experiences. The popular career choice is Lawyer. The popular locations are New York and Baltimore.

There were a few people I didn’t recognize, but many who haven’t changed a single bit since high school. It was great to see a high turnout from my elementary school. I feel so fortunate to still keep in touch with friends I’ve had since I was a little tyke. And it seems no matter how much time passes, when we get together it always feels like no time has gone by at all.

It was great to see Gene, Jon, Josh, Julian, Sang, Phil and April among others. And of course, I always value any time I get to spend with Karen, Jamie, Rose, Matt, Nat and Sarah. I am truly blessed to have friends like these.

I was never the prettiest or smartest or most athletic or most popular in high school. Talking to my fellow classmates, I realized how happy I am of who I have become and what I have accomplished in these past 10 years. I didn’t dread this reunion at all, rather, I embraced it.

The reunion was a lot of fun. Thanks again to Tulasi, Laura and Elana for organizing it. See you at the 20th!

Here are a couple of pics from the big evening:

Karen, Els, Nathalie


Sarah, Els, Lori


Els, Jon, Gene, Nathalie


Quote of the Day:
"The only good ideas are the ones I can take credit for." -R. Stevens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all look so great, it doesn't look like a 10th reunion at all! :)