Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New York Billy #1

If I had unlimited wealth, I would see every Billy Joel show. Although the Boston one was slightly better, I still had an awesome time. And I got to cross "All For Leyna" off my Wish List. For the most part, the setlist was the same, with just a couple of changes. As before, listed are the songs by album and then notes.

Cold Spring Harbor:
* Everybody Loves You Now

Piano Man:
* The Ballad of Billy the Kid
* Piano Man

Tunstiles:
* Angry Young Man
* New York State of Mind

The Stranger:
* She's Always a Woman
* Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
* Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
* Only the Good Die Young

52nd Street:
* Zanzibar
* Stiletto
* Big Shot

Glass Houses:
* All For Leyna
* It's Still Rock & Roll To Me
* You May Be Right

An Innocent Man:
* Keeping the Faith
* An Innocent Man

The Bridge:
* Big Man on Mulberry Street

Storm Front:
* We Didn't Start the Fire

River of Dreams:
* Great Wall of China
* The River of Dreams

Extra:
* In the Midnight Hour

* The true highlight was hearing "All For Leyna" live. Between these two shows, I have heard everything I want from Glass Houses.

* First time I've heard "An Innocent Man" since 1993, at my first Billy show. Aside from one lyric flub, an excellent version.

* It was great to finally see a Billy Joel concert in New York -- especially Madison Square Garden. So many songs are New York based and the crowd was really into it. I'll have to go through a month of withdrawal before seeing him at the Garden again on March 4th.

Quote of the Day:
"So I would choose to be with you / That's if the choice were mine to make" -Billy Joel, And So It Goes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will hear Vienna at some point... she will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine.

Funkmeister said...

HA, HA we heard him do that song with just his piano....sucka!